Monday, September 14, 2009

DAY 15 NIMBUS9 x TRAUMATIK "IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG"

N9 SEPT




Nimbusnine - If Loving You Is Wrong (Produced by Traumatik)

This has gotta be one of my favorite Traumatik beats. I remember meeting Jess and Ted one early morning at a Tapsi joint near the gate of my village and Jess being all excited to let me hear this beat Teddy made, he had his A&R game early on ninja. He played it for me in his car and I said, I want to write to it and rhyme over it. I gave Nimbus a copy as well, and one day he asked me if I had already done a song over it and I said no, and he asked whether he could lay something on the beat for personal use only. I said go ahead but later on realized that what he wrote is exactly what I was hoping to convey. This song is pretty special to me and Nimbus. Nimbus dug deep to write this one. And here he blesses us with an all too honest song, too truthful that it aches. This song will appear on the Three Kings CD. Dedicated to RJAY of LDP. Keep on keeping on.


"How many times have we fought, and we kept our hopes high/
til I realize I was sick of it and so tired/"

No comments: