Thursday, September 24, 2009

DEAD EMCEE SCROLLS SERIES: Reason For Rhyming by Arkane


DEAD EMCEE SCROLLS series, is a link to my hiphop roots. Where B-Roc, then known to some as Rhapsody, was able to see other emcees who right now, don't shine in abundance but had dented my views on hiphop. These pieces left a mark in my universe and to some as well. I am going thru my archives to show and display the makings of me. These pieces are by FILIPINO emcees that you might never see, hear or even hear about. I am with them and my being is their legacy.


REASON FOR RHYMING
Written by Arkane for Turbulence Productions (2002)

Hook 1:

Say it once and yall be getting into it
The roots of our emceeing, aiyo its infinite
Original, pioneers, they did or did not
Hiphop, hiphop, hiphop, hiphop

Microphone check, and for a moment
My mind is bared open, with every word I've spoken
Streaming, freestyle, off the dome proceeding
Verbs, nouns, pronouns, four count, odd or even
Memoirs, eight bars, pencils or space bars
one minute to battle, one minute to stay sharp
verses and choruses, an R&B hooks are part of it
A solo cut or around four of us
Street corner cypher, recorded or live or
B-boy or Dj or Emcee or neither
Or wall-writer and its about time ta,
Bring it to a song structure, the right fibre
Metaphors, multis, punchlines, music
Technique, styles, the basic unit
Original, pioneers, they did or did not
Culture, life, music, hiphop


Hook 1

Sunrise or sunset, much more or much less
Took out the evenings stars but theres one left
I ride tides, go forth to the north
Wave crests punchin across the shores of the prima frost
Descriptive, verbals, narrative, mystic
Compass letters changing to sixty minutes
Rain that neither cries nor bleeds
But feeds the seeds that breeds into trees
And winds that do not weave, but instead breathes
And speeds to set sails toward open seas
Universe, space and earth that came first
Word that gave birth and a God who gave earth
Dreams and aims and roles and goals
People who leave in search of gold or souls
Passion captured, and I hold on to these
Feelings, actions, emotions, poetries


Hook 2:

Say it once and yall be getting into it
The roots of our emceeing, aiyo its infinite
Passion Captured and i hold on to these
Hiphop, poetries, hiphop, poetries

Heroes that are heroes forever
And heroes that were only once in history remembered
And a hero that was shot in December
And a hero snatched in the seventies from his family just to get censored
Now wont you let me, speak here directly
What we say is true, theres no need to correct me
Lyricists write to rebuild what they destroyed
Write to respect and try to protect this soil
Rhyming, speaking, shouting cries of freedom
Ancestry leaking, you cant divide the legion
Politics, consciousness, corruption? demolish it
Lose all the lies, they cant leave us impoverished
We cant act wack, so I rap activisms to
Give everyone something substantial to listen to

Culture, passion, life is to be justly
Fitted with hiphop, poetries, country


Hook 3:

Shout it once and yall be getting into it
The roots of our emceeing, aiyo its infinite
Culture, passion, life is to be justly
Fitted with hiphop, poetries, country

OUTRO:

Thats my reason for rhyming, well whats yours?
I take a dream and define it, and much more
I take a world and design it with such force
Then imaginations uproar...




FIN

No comments: