Thursday, September 24, 2009

DAY 24 NIMBUS x B-ROC x QUEST "THROWBACK"





Nimbusnine feat. B-Roc & Quest - Throwback

This Just Blaze instrumental comes from Ushers song of the same title and is one of my favorite beats ever. So it was no surprise I was keeping this beat around for no one in my team to use in any of they're mixtape. I remember suggesting to Nimbus that we should use this in his release and that if he did, I'll jump on it. So all in all it was a good day. I remember that time, a little after lunch -- we were both writing, I know Nixx and Quest was there as well in the studio hanging around and I think Teddy too was there as he was the one who recorded me. If Nimbus thought my verse was dope -- I think Quest killed this one. I for one was trying to make the CD more dynamic and can't wait to see what Quest would do on this beat.

Quest's part was icing on the cake, from the crooning to the lyrics he penned down himself. The idea was, what if we decided to leave the game at that time. This was around the time we did the show with Jin and pushed The Community show to its birth, so naturally we were in the middle of so many eyes and it was a trip to think ahead and retire. It's great listening to it now that I'm away from home -- the team still holds it down and I'm happy to see everyone exploring music in a different way while I'm gone. And the voices you hear before and after Quest's parts are recorded on a tape recorded. We didn't use effects for that one, Nimbus would really carry a tape recorder and click around -- we still have a couple of takes from other people we are saving. This also was at the time Romeo Garduce claimed the summit of Mount Everest thats why we shouted him out in there!


Seize the overseas slowly, with mp3's and shows/
I'm behind every significant emcee that you know/


HERE'S A NEW LINK FOR NIMBUSNINE & FRIENDS.


NOTES: Picture taken by Ryan Andres. Ryan Andres is also responsible for the cover. I remember Ryan and Nimbus going out for 2 hours around my area to finish up that shoot. We needed the design that afternoon by 7PM so I could have it delivered to the printers. They came up with everything, Nimbus was always bugging about this cover was suppose to have a purple tone to it. Purple is the color of Revolution and we were at it. This also shows you how much we put in work on all our covers. I don't think people make as great covers as we do. Whats your favorite Turbulence CD cover?

No comments: