Sunday, September 27, 2009

DAY 27 NIMBUS9 "TAKE IT BACK" (WE'RE FROM THE FUTURE)




Nimbusnine - Take It Back (Produced by B-Roc)

Sorry for the delay kids my sunburn is acting up, hehehe. I know Manila has been hit with one of the worst storm and flooding of the year, god bless y'all and I hope you guys are safe. Also, Project Noah's around the corner from Chrizo, Nimbus and Arkane. Today, as we are about to close out September Madness, I give you Take It Back -- which appeared on the Back To The New School free digital album last June 17, 2009. I made this beat around the same time I made the Tilt Your Cap beat. I sampled Take It Back from the epic Rocky soundtrack which Black let me copy of his Dads collection. This was just an acapella track and I decided to flip it using 808 drumkits for the intro and just break it down to a more organic Kanye West sounding drums. This was one of the first tracks I heard from Nimbus when I moved out of the house to work. He recorded this initially at Nathan J's studio -- and we re-recorded this recently for the release. The Rex Navarette clip was Nimbus' idea, it played out perfect to the whole concept of the song.

From what I heard, alot of BBoys love this track and I don't blame em, hehehe. As always, Nimbus bridges his english to his tagalog seamlessly throughout the song. "DJ pon de replay, pakibalik ang tunog."

No comments: