Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DAY 30 SEPTEMBER MADNESS ENDS WHERE WE BEGAN "N.Y. to P.I."

N9 SEPT



Nimbusnine - NY to PI (Produced by B-Roc)

As we leave September's Madness behind, we give you the song where we started the Nimbus9 journey. NY to PI is a song Nimbus already had the hook for when he came of the studio. And just as he put it, we came up with this from scratch. I was just messing around with my EMU XL-7 (Leila) and was letting him just sing the hook over and over again til I figured the hook. I remember when I figured it out, my mom called us in for diner and I didn't wanna go cause I might forget it -- but yeah diner got the best of me and we recorded the beat after diner. We laid down the backbone of the beat and Nimbus took it home. He wrote to it and I think this song lasted three session as I challenged Gino to write more. We would make little comments on the lyrics he'd bring -- like put a line about Pinoy DJ's on the Cali verse; and when we got done -- it was pretty much the start of it all for me.

We had this playing at Power 108 and RX 93.1 -- they were the first to give this song some love. Alot of people loved the song, its a representation of a new generation of pinoys travelling around the world and keeping our local representation proper. This is a literary piece as well, you will hear tons of local color from NY, Cali and Pinas -- in a way that was never before done.

There were even talks of having a remix of this sort of like Luda's Welcome to Atlanta -- and we already talked to both Pikaso and Mike Swift to rep California and NYC respectively. It just took me too long to revise the beat but the intent of a legendary remix was there. So as we leave September and welcome October -- we go back to our roots, Turbulence's buzz started with this song right here. NY to PI is a fruit of the entire teams labor back in the day.



NOTES: This song was a hit first online via our now defunct Soundclick account. Then we debuted it locally through the Turbulence First Heard giveaway CD. Then it slowly got a buzz and was featured on Krazykyle's first ever Rapskallion Mixtape entitled No Album Go Skills. Tune in a little later as I upload more Nimbus tracks for the dates I failed to put up a post during the month.

No comments: