Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 6 Nimbusnine X 2Tay X A.N.E. "BROKEN GLASS"

N9 SEPT



Nimbusnine feat. 2Tay & A.N.E. - Broken Glass (Produced by B-Roc)

This song was done a few days weeks after the 2nd Philippine Hiphop Awards -- after Chrizo decided to be the main producer to direct 2Tay's comeback into the scene via debut CD. Me and A.N.E have been hanging out alot in the studio around this time and we all ended up being at Chrizo's spot one day. And I think 2Tay came to pick some beats or recorded Butterflies -- which Traumatik produced. Chrizo was busy upstairs and I decided to fuck around and do some beats. This is what I came up with and the emcees decided to do a track on it.

They were all excited but didn't know what to write. Nimbus asked me what I had in mind while making this beat. I didn't have anything in mind but challenged the emcees to write about the idea of a broken glass. At this point, I already spent years with Gino knowing his relationship with his girl then is what he was gonna write about -- and 2Tay knowing she is a single mom, I already assumed this was what she was gonna write. A.N.E. on the other had, it was much more of a challenge for him and he came with it in such complex idea of a broken glass. I wanted to know how to bring out the emotions of each emcee and not settle for a skills bragging song. And I wanted to see how one phrase such as broken glass to could mean so many things for each one of us.

NOTES: This song was earlier debuted on our MYSPACE site and will be in the SILVERBACKS Mixtape we are still doing. Silverbacks will include your favorite Turbulence artists, Don G, Ron Thug, Killahstormz, CJ Cruz, Jae Spillz and a whole lot more. Also, I heard A.N.E. is contemplating on making out here in Singapore next week to visit and go sneaker hunting.

No comments: