Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"GOLDEN STATE of MIND" CWEBB x B-ROC x MUFFINS

GOLDEN STATE OF MIND

Singapore has really been a trip for me, hell the whole of 2009 has. God places people in our lives for us not to forget the goodness in ourselves. Sometimes we're too quick to dismiss the good we've done over the years and how its affected people. I am a go getter after all, and as long as I live I will try my best to be better.

But today, I had to pause -- and realize that hey, I've done great regardless of what 2009 brings me. I've helped people move an inch closer to their dreams and helped them grow as persons as well. I met up with a good friend of mine who extended me time and a gift from Pinas, a Golden State Warriors Chris Webber jersey. Anybody who's ever been given the chance to know me beyond this hiphop music knows I'm a die hard Chris Webber fan.

I appreciate it bro. The gesture of you finding this one and giving it to me in this manner is priceless. No song we've done, award or times we've shared contemplating on hiphop in my house comes close. Salamat. I know you appreciate the things I've done in your behalf and it goes without saying. I look up to you, you just don't know. I understand life is throwing you a curve ball right now, know that rest gives you a clearer mind to move forward -- so invest in resting. Find the time to rest. You always came through for me, when I needed a verse, when we needed to fix your verse, when we got things to celebrate and more. Your family and your dreams are in my prayers man. Thank you for remembering.

You are an all-star in my book man. I want you to know Andre Harris of Dre & Vidal gave me an Iverson jersey when I met him in Taiwan; LDP gave me a Lebron jersey to celebrate KINGSHIP -- but this jersey holds more meaning to me than anyone will ever know.


NOTES: I had a Chris Webber Washington Bullets jersey during his first year playing for that team. He had changed his number for that year to 2 since somebody was already using 4 prior to him coming in. I loved it so much that I wore it till all the paint was faded and had worn off. Damnit, I wish I just saved the jersey, its nowhere to be found nowadays.

No comments: